Windows® and VxWorks® pre-installed
Two types of operating systems can be operated at the same time, device control and data collection can be performed on a real-time basis like VxWorks® , and analysis of collected data and display of analysis results can be carried out for each OS like Windows®. Therefore, device control and information processing functions, which have been supported by combining personal computers and dedicated devices, can be consolidated into one unit, contributing to reduction of system construction cost and space saving of devices.
Easy data transfer between OS
By passing through shared memory and shared folders, data can be easily exchanged between operating systems.
Individual restart of Windows®
Even if Windows® freezes, you can only restart Windows® with VxWorks® running.
High precision device control realized by CC-Link IE Field Network
Data communication of control information and production information of devices connected via CC-Link IE Field Network can be performed in 1 ms at maximum. Therefore, high-precision device control and high-speed collection of production information are realized. With ports for CC-Link IE Field Network and CC-Link IE Field Network Basic, you can easily connect to compatible devices simply by making settings.
Reduce program development effort
Since both Windows® and VxWorks® provide APIs, high-speed data communication between OSs and access to various connected devices can be easily realized, making it easy to create programs. In addition, because you can use functions shared with the C language controller unit, such as CCPU functions and MD functions, you can use the program assets of the C language controller unit.
The high level of environmental resistance and durability developed in the general-purpose sequencer MELSEC series enables long-term continuous operation in various environments used by customers. In addition, consumables can be easily removed and replaced, making maintenance easy.
|Series name||MI 5000|
|Item name||MELIPC main unit|
|hardware||MPU||Intel® CoreTM i7-5700 EQ 2.6 GHz (Quad Core)|
|Main memory||Windows ® : 12GB
VxWorks ® : 1GB * 1
|Internal storage||capacity||Windows ® : 45GB
VxWorks ® : 4GB
|Additional storage||interface||Windows ® : Cfast card × 1 * 2
VxWorks ® :
|software||OS||Windows ® : Windows ® 10 IoT Enterprise 2016 LTSB (64 bit)
VxWorks ® : VxWorks ® 7.0
|Programming language||Windows ® : The above operating system language
VxWorks ® : C / C ++
|Dedicated API provision format||Windows ® : Standard DLL
VxWorks ® : C / C ++ format
|Display interface||interface||Windows ® : DisplayPort x 1
VxWorks ® : –
|resolution||Windows ® : Up to 3840 × 2160 * 3
VxWorks ® : –
|Expansion slot||PCI Express ®||–|
|mini PCI Express ®||–|
|RS-232||Number of channels||–|
|RS-422||Number of channels||1 * 4|
|Transmission rate||9600 to 115,200 bps|
|RS-485||Number of channels||–|
|Input / output terminal||Shutdown request input||●|
|Shutdown completion notification output||●|
|Power supply||Rated input voltage||AC 100 to 240 V|
|Input voltage variable range||AC 85 to 264 V|
|Input frequency||47 to 63 Hz|
|Input maximum apparent power||139VA or less (240V AC maximum load, at power on)|
|Dimensions (H) x (W) x (D)||106 x 362 x 119 mm|
* 1 Shared memory is 0.25GB.
* 2 The maximum capacity of optional items is 64GB.
* 3 Maximum resolution at 60 Hz.
* 4 Assignable to Windows ® or VxWorks ® by parameter setting .
|Ethernet||interface||10BASE-T / 100BASE-TX / 1000BASE-T|
|Number of channels||Windows ® : 1 (CH2)
VxWorks ® : 1 (CH1)
|CC-Link IE Field Network||Station type||Master station and local station|
|Maximum number of connected stations||120 units * 5|
|Number of ports||<1/td>|
|communication cable||Ethernet cable (category 5e or more, with double shield, STP, straight cable)|
|Transmission line type||Line type, star type * 6|
|Total extension distance||Line type: 12,000 m, star type: Varies depending on system configuration.|
|Maximum station distance||100 m (according to ANSI / TIA / EIA-568-B (category 5e))|
|CC-Link IE Field Network Basic||Station type||Master station|
|Number of slave stations connected in 1 network||64 units (16 units × 4 groups) * 7|
|Number of ports||1|
|Transmission line type||Star type|
* 5 Up to 120 slave stations can be connected.
* 6 For star type, use a switching hub that supports CC-Link IE field network synchronous communication.
* 7 Maximum number of connected slave stations that can be managed by the master station. The maximum number of connected devices varies depending on the number of occupied stations of slave stations. However, make sure that the total number of occupied stations does not exceed the maximum number of connected stations.
|Operating ambient temperature||0 to 55 ° C|
|Storage ambient temperature||-25 to 75 ° C * 8|
|Operating ambient humidity||5 to 95% RH, no condensation|
|Storage ambient humidity||5 to 95% RH, no condensation * 8|
|Vibration resistance||Conforms to JIS B 3502 and IEC 61131-2||When there is intermittent vibration||Frequency: 5 to
8.4 Hz , Shoulder amplitude: 3.5 mm Frequency: 8.4 to 150 Hz, Low acceleration: 9.8 m / s 2
Sweep times: 10 times in each of X, Y, Z directions
|When there is continuous vibration||Frequency: 5 to
8.4 Hz, shoulder amplitude: 1.75 mm Frequency: 8.4 to 150 Hz, low acceleration: 4.9 m / s 2
|Shock resistance||It conforms to JIS B 3502 and IEC 61131-2 (147 m / s 2 , X, Y, Z bidirectional 3 times each)|
|Use atmosphere||There is no corrosive gas, flammable gas and no serious conductive dust|
|Use elevation||0 to 2000 m * 9 * 10|
|Installation place / use place||Control panel 11|
|Overvoltage category||II or less 12|
|Pollution degree||2 or less * 13|
|Device class||Class I|
* 8 fan unit storage ambient temperature is -25 to 70 ° C, storage ambient humidity is 20 to 85%.
* 9 Do not use or store in an environment pressurized above atmospheric pressure at an altitude of 0 m. If used, it may cause malfunction.
* 10 When used at high altitudes above 2000 m, the withstand voltage performance and the upper limit of the operating ambient temperature decrease.
* 11 When installing a ventilation fan on the control panel, consider the location of the ventilation fan so that it does not interfere with the exhaust flow from the fan unit of this product.
* 12 Indicates where the power distribution unit is assumed to be connected, from the public power distribution network to the on-premises mechanical equipment. Category II applies to devices that receive power from fixed equipment. The surge withstand voltage of the device up to the rated 300V is 2500V.
* 13 This indicator shows the degree of occurrence of conductive substances in the environment where the equipment is used. Pollution Degree 2 produces only non-conductive pollution. However, it is an environment where temporary condensation may occur due to accidental condensation.
Industrial PC MELIPC Catalog
Industrial PC MELIPC details features, product line up Published: February 2019